Saturday, July 6, 2013

latex2html Underline Equations and Formulas

I recently tried to use latex2html to export a few of my tex documents to html. I simply used
latex2html main.tex
but I ended up with a bunch of unsavory lines under all of my equations. Upon googling things a bit, I found the following solution that worked for me:
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/webpub/Eliminating_Black_Rules_Equation.html
On my mac, here's what I did:

  1. search for the file alt-rule.pro (on my Mac, I opened the folder /usr and searched for it there. the file was located under: /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/dvips/config/
  2. edit the file as suggested by the link above. i.e., replace
    gsave newpath   /ruleY X /ruleX X
    with
    gsave newpath
    transform round exch round exch itransform
    /ruleY X /ruleX X
and Voila!


Cite as:
Saad, T. "latex2html Underline Equations and Formulas". Weblog entry from Please Make A Note. http://pleasemakeanote.blogspot.com/2013/07/latex2html-underline-equations-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment