Friday, March 13, 2009

The Story with Euler…

Recently, I have been deeply immersed in studying some of Euler’s original works (based on translations where applicable, of course). Here is my conclusion:

Whatever you think you have discovered… Euler may have beaten you to it!

and yes… please quote me for that one!

I made it a necessary condition in my research, and before publishing any manuscript, to check with Euler first. Many of his results and especially the intricate steps of his derivations are lost within the edifices of his collected works (or simply because later generations of mathematicians have superseded his proofs with modern versions). Yet, you will be surprised to find in one of those steps, the exact same thing that you may be currently discovering!


Cite as:
Saad, T. "The Story with Euler…". Weblog entry from Please Make A Note. http://pleasemakeanote.blogspot.com/2009/03/story-with-euler.html

1 comment: