Friday, February 6, 2009

LaTeX: Undefined Control Sequence \printglossary

This happens when updating to the latest version of MiKTeX. Assuming that you are including the “nomencl” package, then you need to do the following substitutions:

  1. Replace \makeglossary with \makenomenclature
  2. Replace \printglossary with \printnomenclature

Voila!

ref: Somacon

The nomencl package is useful for producing nomenclatures/glossaries. For more information check the nomencl package documentation @ the University of Cambridge [this is a pdf file].


Cite as:
Saad, T. "LaTeX: Undefined Control Sequence \printglossary". Weblog entry from Please Make A Note. http://pleasemakeanote.blogspot.com/2009/02/latex-undefined-control-sequence.html

5 comments:

  1. Excellent thanks for sharing, I have a little error but I guess it's because I have a virus, I'm gonna try again, thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good but I was trying it at home and I got some issues, I don't what happened I think you have a little error in that, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please advice how to get nomenclature list?
    I inserted the required command but it doesn;t give me any list

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have same problem as Samar. Nothing is printed

    ReplyDelete